Friday, June 05, 2009

Did I Mention That I Hate LAX?

Arrived at 7am for 9:50am flight.

There was a line 30 people deep at curbside...

Inside there were 8 processing areas...

Paper tickets, non-online checkin, online checkin without boarding pass, on-line checkin with boarding pass, group checkin,

special service, Business First and more...

There were several hundred people going through the motions of checking in and dropping checked bags.

I had checked in and did my seat assignment on-line so I got in line 6 to drop my bag... It still took over an hour...mostly because people who didn't plan ahead kept getting bumped up to the front of the line...The cutoff for checking bags is 45 minutes before the flight.

Even with signs defining the different lines and United Airlines ticket agents herding people to and fro, the Sheeple still wound up waiting in the wrong line.

Between the late people cutting in line and people who had waited in the wrong line, I was losing my paitence.

Once I dropped my bag, it was time to brave the TSA security checkpoint.

If you think checkin was fubar, security was worse.

Between surly TSA Agents and hordes of clueless first time travelers (which were the reasons the Agents were surly) if only took 45 minutes to pass Mag and Bag.



Yeah- I got the rubber glove treatment here too... Seems like they still didn't like the 12-hour-before-flight-ticket-purchase...even though it was almost a week ago.



Jeebus.

I'm starting to hate air travel, and I really hate LAX.



TBG - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No comments: