Sunday, February 19, 2006

Migration

Well...
I've made a temporary move from Sauze d'Oulx down to Torino. Definitely a step down. I'm staying at the Riberi Media Village...
(Riberi, Italian for "Mental Hospital built on toxic waste dump".)

I'm not saying the rooms are small, but I have to step out in the hall to change my mind. Even the mice are hunch-backed. All those old Henny Youngman lines...

The IBC isn't so bad.. the food is OK, and I keep running into people I know from NBC (the NBA days, Athens, etc) so that aspect is enjoyable. But I kinda miss the folks up in Sauze...

I'll be here a few days to give the guys here in town a couple days off, then I head back up to the mountains for the last couple Snowboard events (Parallel Giant Slalom) and to breakdown the equipment.

A few pics from Sauze...

From my window at the hotel in Sauze d'Oulx

Looking up the street.

And looking back down...


A timberwolf walking down the street in front of the hotel.

Please do not feed the wolf. (Picture courtesy of Spongemark Squarehands)


I did get one good pic from last night downtown near Piazza Vittorio Emanuelle...

One of the national promotional "houses" on the river Po. Not sure what the big blue place up on the hill is yet...

No comments: