Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Functional Illiterates

As I have mentioned before, people who are marginally literate really chap my ass.

Literacy Rant Here

One very interesting trend I have noticed is the huge difference between the unwashed masses that post comments on Youtube or DailyKOS for instance, and the spelling and composition level of the folks that write most of my Daily Reads (JayG, Robb, Brigid, Tam, RX, Etc.)

But, if you really want to see my blood boil its when I see someone use a homonym in the wrong application...
(For my friends in Tri-State area: Homonym: Words that spell/sound alike but mean different things. "Pare"- to cut off, "pear" - a fruit, "pair" - two of something.)

Now, it irritates me because it's just the sign of a lazy person to make such mistakes; I mean, how hard is it to use "there" "they're" and "their" correctly?

Here's what pisses me off the most:
I could give a fat rat's ass if Joe Blogger uses the word wrong... He's just an idiot. The same goes for most of the brain-dead Hollywood Crowd, any professional sports figure, and any politician. After all, that's what personal assistants and publicists are for.

But...
If you are Michele Jones, and you are Special Assistant to the Secretary of Defense White House Liaison with an office in the Pentagon (and you KNOW every single email you type is going to be archived and will be available for public scrutiny),
you better know the difference between "hear" and "here"...

Wednesday, Nov. 25, 1:38 p.m.
From Michele Jones to Tareq Salahi
Tareq,
You are most welcome! I here the smile in your e-mail and am delighted that you and Michaele had a wonderful time. :-)
Have an extraordinary Thanksgiving and many blessings to you both!
Much love,
Michele


This bonehead needs to be sacked.

And given her involvement in the current distract-the-public-from-the-Senate-health-care-reform-bill-at-all-costs brouhaha, she'll be thrown under the bus shortly.


TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

No comments: