Thursday, August 06, 2009

Tryin' to Reason With Hurricane Season

Well, all the flight status sites are telling me we are still a go for 9:00, so I'm in the back of a black Toyota sedan speeding through the deserted streets of Taipei.

We're making good time, so I should get to the airport in just under 30 minutes...
We have steady rain and and 40 mph winds, gusting up to 55.
Who knows- maybe I'll make it, maybe I'll be stuck... C'est la vie.

The bad part- if I miss my connection in Narita, it may be 2 or 3 days to get me onto a flight... The flights are pretty full.
I guess I'll get to be one of those poor bastards on standby that get left behind...

Taipei seems like a pretty nice place-
Wish I'd been able to see more than just the hotel, the arena, a Japanese grill and Room 18.
Maybe next time...

TBG - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No comments: