Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Idiotic EULA Language

You'd be amazed to what you are agreeing to when you check the "I agree" box on the End User License Agreement when installing software...

I recently had to upgrade ITunes in order to load more irritating noise music on the Perfect Child's iPod...
Just for giggles I scanned the EULA before I clicked the "agree" button and this little gem caught my eye...

10. Export Control. You may not use or otherwise export or reexport the Apple Software except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Apple Software was obtained... Blah blah blah... You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.

So... Does this mean Achmed the Terrorist can't listen to his iPod while building a Dirty WMD? Further- does it mean that when Johnny Drive-By goes out wearing his iPod listening to C-Murder and Sikk the Shocker chanting "Kill the F**cking Pigs" is he in violation on the EULA?

I guess Apple is going to Eulaize themselves out of the lucrative missle and nuclear weapon market. I guess the rocket scientists will be using Zunes for their development instead.

TBG out-

No comments: