Thursday, February 14, 2008

New Orleans - Wednesday Night

But first...

You have to admire this TV Truck Technician's organizational acumen...


Truth in labeling.

Crawfish Quest...


Last time I was here I missed out on getting my teeth on some crawfish. I wasn't going to let it happen again...

I wound up over on the West End, basically because anything in the Quarter is going to be overpriced; I went over to the Lakefront to one of the baitshop/boat rental/seafood market places to get some redbugs.

I sat at the bar and ordered 2 pounds of tasty arthropods...


Can't you just smell the cayenne?


Suck the head, pinch the tail...
Just like back in high school.

They were so good that, glutton that I am, I ordered 2 more pounds as a langinappe.

I hunted up Bill L after returning from the slaughter in Bucktown...
I was reeking of boil spices and crawfish guts as we wandered down to the Cafe du Monde for a warm beverage (its been in the 40s here) and a little dessert.

Beginets and chicory coffee. Yum!

Mmmm... Square donuts and powdered sugar.

Wonder what we'll do tonight... I hear there is a Rodizio down on Iberville.
This can only end in tears.

TBG out-

1 comment:

Mark said...

I am pretty sure I have worked in that truck before. Either that, or there are other like-minded EIC's out there - if you can imagine!

~SMSH