Sunday, July 29, 2007

Feet, don't fail me now!

My feet took a beating down here...

The first night on Garden Key I was in the crews quarters- after the Cubans had arrived and were secured, I was back asleep.
Somehow I was thrashing about and I kicked the (hard, brick) wall with my right foot.
I peeled back my toenail pretty bad...
Not a good start.
On the first day on Loggerhead I kicked a brick on the walkway with my 4th toe on the same foot... It turned a little black under the nail.
I thought it might be broken, but after an hour or two the pain subsided and I decided that it was just superficial.
I was working on the Dumpster/Burrito one afternoon during week 3 and kicked a old dock foundation on the beach. I took a big chunk of skin and part of the nail out of my big toe on my left foot, and then when we were burning the "Flipper" I stepped on a board with several nails on it, and one went through the side of my left heel...

I didn't take any photos of the toe injuries...

But I did take the time to shoot a pic of the heel injury...



TBG out (trying to avoid Clostridium tetani)

No comments: