Thursday, May 11, 2006

Back in the windy city.

So I was back in Chicago again at the beginning of the week.

Two things of note.

Bad news: I lost my wallet.
The good news: I got it back intact.
Whew!
Note to self: Be careful while drinking in the hotel bar at the Marriott.

Second item of note-

Do not, no matter how inexpensive the room is, do *not* get a room at the Quality Inn in Schiller Park near O'Hare.

Why?
Glad you asked.


(Click for larger view)

The yellow circle shows where my room was...
My window was about 8 feet from 12 lanes of I-294.
There is no amount of soundproofing that will dampen the highway noise and the airplanes taking off every 3 minutes, 24 hours a day.

Famous the insomniac, out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Jay, Re: your room 8 feet from the expressway, I feel your pain. Been there, done that - it's awful. Good for laughs though, especially with pics to go along. jr