Wednesday, January 16, 2013

How To Piss Off the TSA

Travel hour 19, 10:01am PST
LAX Airport.

Going through security after clearing customs... I get turned down to go through TSA PreCheck, so I'm back with the idiots that don't know you have to empty your pockets and take off your shoes. Morons.

But I'm more pissed at the TSA...
Sooo... In for a dime, in for a dollar.

I put my bag and skateboard on the XRay belt, along with the bin with shoes, belt and pocket goodies.
I announce (loudly):
"My iPad is in the back pocket of my bag... Just so you TSA iPad thieves know where it is...save you some time."
The three TSOs working that lane shot me some dirty looks, and after I pass the metal detector, a supervisor waddled over...
"Sir, there is no need for that kind of talk. Why would you want to do that?"

"Ma'am, how many terrorists have been caught by the TSA? And how many TSA agents have been arrested for stealing passenger's items?"

"But sir, that is just a tiny number of bad agents...most of us are honest hard-working people. Why do you want to treat us all...like...criminals..?"
My point was sinking in, but I wanted to make sure...

"Exactly. You treat us like everyone is a terrorist, I'll treat you all like thieves. I think the odds of me being correct is much higher than yours."

She opened her mouth to refute me, but thought better of it.

8 more hours to go... Next stop Houston.

TBG

2 comments:

JD said...

Damn I wish I had the guts to pull that one off. . . well done! If I did that I would probably end up with a friendly body cavity search for my efforts. . .

Irish said...

Bravo Sir! That was GREAT!