Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Damn That Hurt

OK, Everyone get your "When Will TBG Bust His Ass (or other body part) On That Damned Skateboard" scorecards out...

Whoever had 17 days, you're the winner.

I'll spare you the pics of raw hamburger my knees where they impacted the oh-so-abrasive sidewalk, leaving behind a square meter or so of skin...
Fortunately I only lost a little skin- it could have been much worse- hyperextension, torn ACL, or an even more debilitating injury could have been in the offing.
(Even more fortunate - Sydney Municipal Works doesn't have a clue where that crater at the bottom of Olympic Boulevard came from... And we aren't going to tell them, are we?)
Where I landed...

Walking into the site with both knees bleeding was quite a show stopper.
Everyone who knows I ride a skateboard to the site every morning just laughed and shook their heads. "We all knew it was going to happen." they said.
I took it in stride...
After all, unless you have some road rash you're not riding correctly.

TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

4 comments:

doubletrouble said...

When I watched your video a couple weeks ago I was wondering how long before some little smidgen of something got under a wheel & you'd get all ass over teakettle.

Didn't win the pool, though.

Happy to hear you didn't leave any serious parts behind...

The Big Guy said...

@DT-
It wasn't twigs or a koala turd, it was those damned ADA (or Aussie equivalent) sidewalk/street transition bumps.
The same ones that I've ridden over 16 times before...

Old NFO said...

Didn't win here either... Glad you're not 'seriously' injured!

kx59 said...

broken collar bone?
That one is bad, makes you look all asymmetrical and stuff.
I'm still getting residual twinges down my sciatic nerves just thinking about the video you posted previously.