Monday, January 07, 2013

Clueless. Absolutely Clueless.

One thing about Twitter- it really points out how painfully stupid some people are.
Let me fix that for you-
Thank you President Obama, for making other people pay for my birth control pills.

How about a thank you all the hard-working, tax paying suckers for providing you with your "Free" birth control...

I guess you don't understand "Free".

I'm not sure I understand the logic of Moocher-class women- they scream and shout about Women's Rights, abortion, free choice, and "keep your laws off my body", then expect special treatment...

To sum up - Your reproductive system is 0% of my business but 100% my financial responsibility?
Nice.

I quoted Robert Heinlein in a recent post and I think it needs to be repeated here:

‘Bread and Circuses’ is the cancer of democracy, the fatal disease for which there is no cure. Democracy often works beautifully at first. But once a state extends the franchise to every warm body, be he producer or parasite, that day marks the beginning of the end of the state. For when the plebs discover that they can vote themselves bread and circuses without limit and that the productive members of the body politic cannot stop them, they will do so, until the state bleeds to death, or in its weakened condition the state succumbs to an invader—the barbarians enter Rome.”

Damn it. We are soooo screwed.

TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Pardon the self linky here
http://injennifershead.com/?p=4452
Nothing is free. If people would change the way they thing about things, it would change the world. Sure, it doesn't cost you to use Facebook, that's because you are the product being sold to advertisers. But people are so separated from the actual cost because there are so many layers in the middle now.

The Big Guy said...

Hi Jennifer-
Thanks for dropping an oh-so-relevant link from your site regarding the "it's free!" mindset.

You're right that the distance between provider and consumer is quite layered, but when my paycheck comes and I look at the big chunk taken out and I think about how it's spent it drives me nuts, regardless of how beneficial the service or necessity of the department/agency/etc. That distance shrinks down to a bare minimum when it pinches my household budget.

Yes, we pay and pay, and some people take and take... And as long as I'm not getting beat over the head with it every day I can try to forget the abuses of the Mooch-class.
But if you rub my nose in it, eventually it will cause a reaction.

Gah.
It drives me nuts.

On another note, when (or more like 'if') I get back home I need to chat up Michael regarding a couple of his tuckable IWBs...
Take care...

wrm said...

On the upside, those people are not breeding... (yea, yea, I know, need a way to make the free birth control permanent).

Daddy Hawk said...

Heinlein was also famous for popularizing TANSTAAFL. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. I almost feel sorry for the people that don't understand that concept because thy will be in a world of hurt when the barbarians cross the Rubicon.

k said...

Just heard from a friend of mine that when he went to get his Cymbalta filled, he was told it would be a $200 copay (prior, it had been in the neighborhood of $10). Wonder where that money is going? hmmmmm?