Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Recurring Theme

When asked today about the the indictment of (IL Governor) Rod Blagojevich, His Oneness The Urkel made the following statement:

“I was not aware of what was happening.”

This has become a recurrent theme with His Urkelness.

First: Blagojevich said he knew Obama wanted Senate Candidate 1 for the open seat but "they’re not willing to give me anything except appreciation. (Expletive) them."

Then David Axelrod says:
"I know he's [Urkel] talked to the governor and there are a whole range of names, many of which have surfaced, and I think he has a fondness for a lot of them," said in a Nov. 23 interview.

Then His Urkelness (indulging in some Clintonesque parsing) says:
"I had no contact with the governor or his office and so we were not, I was not aware of what was happening."
(Note his 'Non-Teleprompter gaffe" where he starts to say something- then has to backtrack to hide the truth.)

Which, if you read between the lines, could possibly be translated as "Someone else was working out all the details for me, but I was keeping my hands from getting dirty." or "I'm getting ready to throw someone under... Uh I mean, Someone is getting ready to throw themselves under the bus to keep me from being sullied by this Chicago-politics-as-usual occurrence."...


So, here come the bus... and...
"I was mistaken when I told an interviewer last month that the President-elect has spoken directly to Governor Blagojevich about the Senate vacancy. They did not then or at any time discuss the subject." - Axelrod, 12/9/08


But the Media still believe His Oneness every time he says he's not aware things going on right in front of him.
Here are a few examples:

On Rev. Wright: “I wasn’t aware of the AIDS conspiracy statement, which I think is completely out of line and off the wall,”
And the ever-popular: “I wasn’t aware of his statements, 'God damn America'. Those statements were not ones that I knew about until the story broke a week and a half ago.”

On Rezko: “I was aware of what was in the newspapers, but I certainly was not aware of the serious charges that have subsequently been brought.”

The One was “not aware” of Bill Ayers’ radical past. He was also “not aware” of his aunt’s immigration status.



It seems that if you hold your chin up high enough, you can claim to be unaware of what is happening right under your nose.


TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

No comments: