Monday, December 01, 2008

I Don't Carry a Gun...


By Syd at Front Sight, Press
Original Here



I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don’t carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m angry. I carry a gun so that I don’t have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don’t carry a gun because my sex organs are too small. I carry a gun because I want to continue to use those sex organs for the purpose for which they were intended for a good long time to come.

I don’t carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don’t carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don’t carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don’t carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Additions:

I don’t carry a gun to do a cop’s job. I carry a gun because a cop may not be available when I need him to save my life.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m looking for trouble. I carry a gun to defend my life from the trouble that may find me.

I carry a gun because my I was reared by people who taught me that to be free meant making the price of taking my freedom too high for anyone to pay.

I don’t carry a gun because I hate the world but, because I love my peaceful community and feel a responsibility to keep it that way.

I don’t carry a gun to scare my law-abiding neighbors, but to impress any criminal who comes among us of the necessity for him to actively seek another trade.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m looking for a gunfight, just like I don’t own a fire extinguisher because I’m looking to fight fires. Having a gun readily available evens the odds in a gunfight, just like having a fire extinguisher readily available evens the odds of surviving a fire.

I don't carry a gun to pass judgment on someone. I carry a gun so in case of an unpleasant situation, I can be judged by 12, rather than carried by 6.

I don't carry a gun in order to send someone to the county Coroner. I carry a gun so my wife and/or daughter can hire an attorney to defend me, rather than come to the Coroner's office to identify my body.

Always remember:
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!



TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

No comments: