Monday, August 05, 2013

KA3AHb Through a Lens


The young программист ученого shot quite a bit of footage during our visit to KA3AHb and has assembled quite a nice video of the scenery...

It's definitely worth a peek, if only to dispel the impression I might have given all both my Constant Readers that Kazan is a complete shithole from stem to stern...
Quite the opposite-
Kazan has many wonderful qualities- if one takes the time to go and find them.

Kazan (by программист ученого)

TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

5 comments:

Luc said...

Nice. Tell St-Ass good job. (Is Denis the English translation of Stass?)

The Big Guy said...

Is Denis, is not St.Ass.

Know your programmer:

Denis- young, talented, easy to get along with. Fun at parties.


St.Ass - Pain in the ass, opinionated, curmudgeon.
Would look good as a centerpiece at a funeral.

TBG

Luc said...

"young, talented, easy to get along with. Fun at parties." ... As all good programmers should be.

Since you used the Russian words for "programmer", I assumed St-Ass. I stand corrected sir.

My apologies to Denis

The Big Guy said...

Oh no...
The young programmer-scientist is quite a refreshing departure from our regular DEV crowd...
He doesn't imbue us mere mortals with the sense of "I'm Not Worthy"-ness one gets from being in the presence of Chief Propeller Head, and the feelings of homicide or general "kill it with fire" feelings we get around St. Ass never make themselves known around Denis.
Yet.
If he keeps hanging around St.Ass and starts to get Assitude, well, popular opinion could change...
But for right now, he's got a couple gold stars in my book.

Luc said...

Have I ever given you the "tude"? I hope not, since I always thought of you as a living God. (And this is how, other CRs, you kiss ass!)