Thursday, January 01, 2015

Short Day / Holiday

To one and all Constant Readers- a happy and prosperous New Year!
Mine's already 18 hours underway...

As per usual, I eschewed frivolity and potential trouble by going to bed early...
The 1.2 million people down by the Harbor last night make it a fertile ground for drunken dumbassery and pain (intentional or otherwise).
I'm just a Old Guy trying to get into Heaven, as Pete would say, so I holed up in my hotel room and watched some TV and was asleep by 10p.
I slept late, had a nice brekky and put in 6 hours of work at the site- then treated myself to a little much-needed maintenance- a pedicure.
(The need made itself known on my hike last week- the untrimmed talons were a pain on the long downhill slogs, and the toes of both pairs of socks were perforated pretty badly...)

Dinner?
A plate of overpriced, soggy wings at The Worst Hooters in the World.

The defecation hits the ventilation tomorrow... We will be 7 days from the start of Qualies, so its gonna be asses and elbows and 12-15 hour days starting in the AM and stretching until the night of the 17th.

I love my job....
It's the work I hate.

Happy New Year, y'all.

TBG - down under

2 comments:

Luc said...

And a Happy New Year to you too. From your favourite French Canadian reader. All the best to J and H and of course Bozie.

Old NFO said...

Keep hanging in there Jay! That light at the end of the tunnel is only 60 watts... :-)