Sunday, December 30, 2012

Signs of the Apocalypse - Oz Edition

So... They have warning signs to keep the cute little teddy bears safe from traffic.


I talked to some locals... They were less than enthusiastic about the critters.

"Those are some foul tempered little rodents. If you see one, best to steer clear of them.
They bite and have some pretty sharp claws."

Ok. Note to self, no cuddling the teddy bear made of broken glass and fish hooks.

This one was hilarious- I had to stop and go back to see if the sign was designed that way, of if someone had "vandalized" it...

When I first saw it I thought: "Man, would you look at the size of the rudder on that thing..."
It was "modified"...
But from what I saw when I ran into a mob of 'Roos, the sign wasn't that far off...

TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

6 comments:

libertyman said...

Have you seen the flying foxes? I think they are fruit bats, giant bats that you see hanging out in the day.

The Big Guy said...

No.... Haven't seen any of those yet, thank Ghod.
(Giant bats? Not since my peyote days...)

azmrmacs said...

What, you don't already have a coin purse made from a roo? You know, that "modified" part?

Old NFO said...

LOL, yep the 'do' have a sense of humor down there... :-D

The Big Guy said...

@azmrmacs:
They have those?
Oh, baby...I'll have one before the week is out.

Do you get them at the butcher shop? Or would I look for it Louis Vuitton?
Ah, no matter...
I'll find it.

azmrmacs said...

Ya gotta look in the junk-shops. You know, the ones selling all the crappy souvenirs. If you were in Canberra, I could point you to a few that I remember. Never made it to Sydney other than the airport. But I have no fear that you'll be successful in your journey.
Enjoy your visit. It's a great place to visit, ask OldNFO, and I've got a few stories myself...