Sunday, June 14, 2015

I Has a Sad

Well, shit.

My man Borepatch is shutting down his site-

I can understand not wanting to fire up and run the free ice cream machine every day.
I have the same feelings myself all the time.

His was one of the many that I subscribe to on my RSS feed. And as I was doing some checking, it seems like way too many of my feeds have gone dark. Some were 'meh' and some are missed terribly.
Borepatch will be one of the latter.

Fortunately I have had the pleasure of his company on a couple occasions and plan on continuing this trend as often as I can arrange it.
He's not that far away, and is in a city where I already have familial ties, so I will be in the area now and again, and I will make time to meet up with him as often as our collective schedules permit.
I see many two-wheeled meetings in the future-


The only time a goodbye is painful is when you know you'll never say hello again.
Fortunately for me, this is an 'Until we meet again' situation...
For others in the blogosphere, it may well be a sad goodbye.

Take care BP...


TBG - - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

4 comments:

Dan said...

Hooah.

Old NFO said...

Yep, wishing him the best!

Borepatch said...

Thanks, Jay. Let's ride.

kx59 said...

Had Borepatch posted at the rate I do, his blog would have lasted a hundred years.
I've never seen anyone that could produce that much actual content on a daily basis.
And, by actual content, I mean posts that had bonified information in them.

I am fortunate to have run across his blog, and because of that had the opportunity to meet him. Coincidentally, I do believe I found my way here, and met you J, because of his blog.

Hopefully, he will drop by now and then to drop a comment.
I was being all stoic about this, but now I has a sad too.