Thursday, February 14, 2013

Letters To People Unlikely To Respond: GunStore Sales Dweeb

You, Sir, are a Dumbass...

In my day I have known many, many active and veteran armed forces personnel...
Lots of squids, grunts, jarheads, airdales, dogfaces and zoomies- and I have a rather special reverence for most Special Forces members. (It's an interesting story... Remind me to tell you about it, uh, NEVER.)

Having a personal connection with several SF-types I have learned a few things...
99.65% of Special Forces members are gifted with self-confidence, capability, and enough overall intelligence to keep a low profile. Always. (Especially in bars. At least among the general populace anyway- get a group of them together, especially different services, at a watering hole and it's a different story. If you hear a guy talking up his SF experience in a local meat market, chances are he's a wanna-be or a never-was.)

That being said:
You can bluster all you want about your experience "over in the sandbox" and pretend that you are an expert on all things shooty...
HOWEVER...
Real SEAL team members rarely mention that they are/were SEAL team members, let alone use it as anecdotal evidence while trying to sell rifle optics to the local Good Ol' Boys...



And it's pronounced "Loo-pold" not "Lee-o-pold", Dumbass.


TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

3 comments:

Angus McThag said...

It's not Le Uphold?

Old NFO said...

Snerk... Good point... and sounds like one of those guys I'd love to walk into the store with a couple of friends and see him try to pull that crap.

Joanna said...

Like the time I went to the gun show looking for a kubotan, and the guy behind the table gave me the "aren't you precious" look and pronounced it "kubaton".

Bitch, I looked up the spelling myself. I'm not going back to your table.