Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Back on the Road - FLL

It's been pretty busy the last few days...

As I have mentioned to several people (pretty much anyone who'd listen) I couldn't wait to get back on the road so I could get some rest...

From the previous post, astute Constant Readers might have gathered that it was the PC's graduation weekend... I blew into town from Montreal on the wings of a storm, arriving at midnight the night before graduation to find a house full of people-
The Family was in town from all points of the compass, and it seemed like a good number of them were staying at The Estrogen Palace... We (The Woman Who Knows Most Things, Yours Truly, and The PC) relinquished our humble abode to the gathered masses and stayed elsewhere...

Graduation went off without a hitch, as did the celebration dinner that night, then we had a small shindig at the house for all the visitors & family on Friday...
This shindig degenerated to a large game of Brew-No (Uno card game with drinking rules) that finally broke up around 2AM.
We still had a full house on Saturday, and we put them to good use - serving up all the Shindig leftovers and pretty much cleaning out the refrigerators.

We finally ejected the last of the guests by 4:00 on Sunday- just in time for me to jump in my rental car and hie my not inconsiderable ass to Ft. Lauderdale, where  Operation Refit continues...


8:00 AM had me in the arena doing the stuff I'm supposed to be doing, and was finished by 4:00... I wanted to catch Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final, so I had a couple hours to kill, so I went to the Cinema and caught Super 8.
Not too shabby a flick...

Typical Steven Spielberg - some kids get caught up in Bigger Events and save the day.
Enjoyable, but not groundbreaking.


The CoConspirators were in town last night too; I heard tales about a visit to an Adult Entertainment Establishment...

Yes, while I watched Vancouver get the snot kicked out of them (really Canucks? 1 to 4? C'mon.) the Boys were at Goldfinger's, where the story was CC1 was a undercover LEO and it was CC2's last night before heading off to an extended stay the Raiford Hilton.
Stellar entertainment - One of the hostesses kept falling asleep on CC1's shoulder. She was missing a front tooth (wow, classy) so when she started snoring she whistled...
Well, it could have been worse- I do remember one place where the girls had misspelled tattoos and infected facial piercings...
But I digress...

The fun continues-
The NHL is heading back to Vancouver for Game 7 on Wednesday night...

As DP might say, "This next game is gonna be huge."


I'm in La-Te-Da-derdale, then off to the next victim on Thursday PM.
The PC and TWWKMT are over in Tampa for orientation at USF...
School starts in less than two weeks.
Bless that child, she's jumping in with both feet.

Onward, through the fog...

TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

1 comment:

Irish said...

Super 8 looks good from the trailer..Ill have to check it out :)