Monday, June 20, 2005

I made it, but man....

...this time the problem wasn't the TSA, it was other passengers.
On the first flight, I didn't have booked seats, so I wound up in the back of the plane...
Thanks April...

So, it seems like the entire plane is filled with the congregations of several AME churches from downtown Jacksonville... Older black folks who don't travel too often, and have no idea how to pack, what to carry on, etc.
I spent the entire time on the plane being the personal butler for all the old ladies around me...
"Baby, could you help me put my bag away... I can't lift it." she says, indicating a 200 lb bag that has absolutely NO chance of fitting in the overhead bin.
"Would you be a darlin' and help me get my bag down, I needs to get my medicine. Thank you baby."
These folks were nice as the day is long, but man... I've had enough big butts waved in my face today... Add to that their propensity for wearing WAAAAY too much bad perfume...
Oh. My. God.

The second leg of the flight... Houston to Ontario...
I had an Indian couple and thier screaming child sitting next to me. I want to be fair about it... The child didn't scream the entire time, there was a good hour that the child only yelled at the top of it's lungs... I think I'm deaf in my left ear now.
Made me wish for a roll of duct tape. I swear, if I had some I'd have used it.
No lie.

So... I'm in the OC... Big fat hairy deal.

Film at 11.

No comments: