Thursday, June 16, 2005

Back to the Real World

Wednesday was hecitc...

We finished up orientation with the Donnelly's... the new Garden Key Host couple. Nice folks...
We got an early start, meeting to show them the morning routines on the island, cleanup, maintenance, etc. We all took a break at 9:00am to get cleaned up before the ferries arrived- then met back on the dock for the arrival of Sunny Days and the Yankee Freedom.
We had campers, so I got to do my last orientation spiel- "Don't hang stuff in the trees, stay out of the moat, keep you nose clean, and keep your hands to yourself."
I still had to get all my pictures to Mike Ryan, repack bags, get a shower, get Hunter organized, and get all our stuff to the boat... Egads, what a nightmare.
Right in the middle of all this, I had to help Brion get the Whaler and the Mako situated on the beach; I took the forklift and used it to move the boats, then position it for offloading the gasoline tanks that the Coast Guard would be delivering after the Ferries departed....
Well... We made it to the boat in time to leave the Tortugas. We were a little bummed, but ready to get back to the real world...
It was a bit rushed, but I think we did get everything handled ok.
Everyone was down on the dock to see us off; Mike, Niki, Willie & Brion...
Trep and Danica were at Everglades doing range time and would be back on Thursday, so we'll see them next time.
The boat ride was uneventful, thank Ghod. And I got a ride (Thx Ross Hunter!) over to the Coast Guard base to pick up Physalia, so that was a winning situation... it would have been a long hot walk...
We hit the Meteor Smokehouse on Southard St for dinner, then hauled ass for Jax.
I had to pull over for naps twice, and hit Jax Beach at 5:30am...

No sleep yet... If I go to sleep now, I will be awake all night and get out of phase, so I'll tough it out through the day and really sleep well tonight.

I'm in the office today, detailing for my trip to LA on Monday...
Polly just delivered the Duets for the test at Screenworks, so we are ready to go!

I'm outta here... Chinese for dinner tonight!

TBG out-

No comments: