Monday, December 22, 2014

Reactions - Douglas Adams



In The Salmon of Doubt, Douglas Adams writes, "I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:

1.    Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2.    Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3.    Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.

Damn right.
You kids take your new-fangled blueteeth every-damn-thing and iPhones and GTFOff my lawn. Pronto.

TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

2 comments:

kx59 said...

step 3 is when you get your curmudgeon union card.

The Big Guy said...

I've already got my Curmudgeon card... It sits between my AARP card and my Costco card in my wallet.

;)