Tuesday, July 31, 2012

USA! USA! USA!

I tried like hell to get over to the Royal Artillery Barracks this afternoon to watch the men's finals for skeet...
Alas, it wasn't to be...
(I have shit to do... That network over at Athletics just isn't going to crash itself...)
However-
I did get to watch most of it live on the OBS feed...

Now, I shoot skeet- either with the guys from work, or on the Wednesday Night Outings with Chuck and the guys from the pawn shop... And I've attended (spectator, not shooter) some State competitions...
But that doesn't prepare you for watching Olympic-class shooters.
Holy crap!
These guys are Teh Shit.


Seeing the way the competitors performed  was amazing...
Very mechanical, precision shooting...
And icing on the cake- Vincent Hancock of the USA won the gold medal, after setting an Olympic record during qualifying.
Just amazing shooting.
I don't care if it harelips the Pope, I'm going to get over there for the Trap finals...

TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, another FANTASTIC shooter! And a good rep for the AMU! And another point in his favor, he did his time downrange, even as a membr of AMU!

kx59 said...

The only thing that bothers me about competitive trap and skeet shooters is that they start with the gun on their shoulder. We always did it with the gun and the safe / ready position, barrel up.
Of course, we were practicing for bird hunting. I mean, who walks the field with their shotgun positioned like they are going to kick in a door and raid a house?
I think they need to up the ante a bit and make them shoulder the gun, and then shoot.