Saturday, August 27, 2011

Busy Busy

Been busier than a set of jumper cables at a family reunion in Mississippi, so blogging has been a bit light...
A few posts and observations have been building up...  

1. Food Options


One thing about spending many many non-event hours in arenas is that food options are somewhat limited.
If you don't want to break the work flow by leaving the building to get lunch, you have two options...
Either brown bag it, or... Machine Cuisine
Mmm. Stale Doritos. Yum.

2. Quote of the Week - Edmonton to Calgary edition.


The trip between Edmonton and Calgary has some really wide open spaces. JR: "Dan Craig described it like this- If your dog ran away on Monday, on Sunday you could still see him running." True dat.

3. Beverage of Choice

I'm not a beer drinker...
So when there's a dearth of Rum,
(Or like in Edmonton where it's $8 CAD for a Captain & Coke)
I do have options...
A nice cool glass of Johnny Jump Up...
I'll tell you a story that happened to me,
One day as I worked in Edmonton AB;
The sun it was bright and the day it was warm;
Says I a quiet pint wouldn't do me no harm.

I went in to a bar for a bottle of stout.'
Says the barkeep to me 'All the beer is sold out;
Try whiskey or brandy, ten years in the wood.'
Says I, 'I'll try cider, I've heard that it's good.'

[Chorus:]
Oh never, oh never, oh never again,
If I live to a hundred or a hundred and ten;
I fell to the ground and I couldn't get up,
After drinking a quart of that Johnny Jump Up!
4. Location is Everything

Where else would you expect to find Moriarty but in Sherlock Holmes' shadow?
Pretty creative bar names.

And last, and probably the most puzzling...

5. Damn, they've got some mean junkies in Calgary. 


a. That's a pretty stout container.
They have to make it hard to get at the goodies inside...

b. ...Because the Calgary junkies have no problem with stealing and using used needles, I guess.

c. Big container... Is that because they're using giant needles? Or is it a quantity thing?

d. This receptacle was outside the Saddledome and the Calgary Stampede grounds...
Lots of junkies at the hockey games and the rodeo?

TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

No comments: