Sunday, November 04, 2012

Living My Life Like a Song - Part 3

Sometimes the lights all shining on me
Other times I can barely see
Lately it occurs to me
What a long strange trip its been.

- Truckin' - Grateful Dead
Another OMFG-30 flight this morning...
As I headed to the airport this morning, I reflected on the fact that heading to the airport at 4am was not unreasonable.
For me it has become so common that it borders on cliche.

How did I get to the state that I dress and pack to adhere to an invasive Government entity's notion of "safe and proper"...

It boggles my poor aching  head that I find TSA and Airline bullshit acceptable.
For all my iconoclast beliefs, and my desire to be independent and not one of the sheeple, I sure felt like one as I stood in line to get microwaved and have my balls juggled this morning.

I mentioned to a coworkers the other day that I needed to keep an eye out for an opening as a greeter at Wal-Mart, since that day is soon coming when a TSA agent will grab my junk a little too roughly and I'll  light him up like a slot machine paying off in nickles. At that point I'll be needing something else to pay the bills since I will be useless to The Company at that point.

Not sure I'd miss it...

The travel is a pain, but I've seen some cool stuff and been to some great places, but the trade off is getting a little too expensive for my psyche.

And I'm getting to old to keep paying the toll on this road.

A long strange trip indeed.

(Written Oct 2, 2012 via smartphone on layover at EWR)

TBG

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

I'm there with ya... sigh...