Saturday, November 10, 2012

Butchering Shakespere - a Request for Donations


"A nose by any other name would smell as sweet."

Most of the folks that wander through this pitiful little corner of the Int3rw3bz know who Tam is.

In addition to the fact that 'View from the Porch' is one of the primary reads on my RSS feed, I feel privileged to say I have had the pleasure of her  company on a couple of occasions.
I made the trek to Hoosierland at times that coincided with Indy Blogmeets and had some great times, and met even greater people.
(I think her recollection of the encounter might be characterized thus: "Yeah- I think he was that dumbass from Florida that blocked my view of the entire right side of the table that time...")

Regardless-
Tamara has a touch of basal cell carcinoma in her nose. When it come to carcinoma, if you going to get one, that's the kind to get... It still sucks, and it's no walk in the park, but as much as that sucks, it sucks way worse when you don't have health insurance. Which she does not.

And if you are have to pay for things out of your pocket, just a visit to the doc is a real bite in the ass, where actually having a practitioner to practice his art is OMFG!1eleventy expensive!

Several Bloggers have taken up the cause - especially some guys that I hold in high esteem- my man McThag is running an auction- go check out his goods here... Zercool has got a giveaway going on, And the inestimable OldNFO is having a raffle...Go... Participate.

Some folks have opined that if Tam happened to be visiting in your vicinity, there is no doubt that you'd spring for a dinner to show local hospitality, and if that's the case, why not contribute that amount to the cause?

It's simple...
Just go to her page and hit the donate button...
Easy peasy...
 


Look- as my man Matt says- we need her more than she needs us...
Every little bit helps.
I have been checking the couch cushions and the different nooks and crannies that collect spare change...

I'm heading down to Coinstar to convert 74 pounds of change into medicine...

If you are so inclined, the Blogospere would appreciate any help you can extend.


TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Thanks for the link Jay, and we're over $3000 thanks to folks like you who are linking to us and passing the info on!!!

Tam said...

Thank you! You should come block the view of the left side of the table more often. ;)

The Czar of Muscovy said...

Pardon me if most of us reject PayPal's antigun policy. https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/article/?solutionId=38957&m=SRE