Monday, September 18, 2006

Travel Day...

Man, I hate east-to-west travel...

Here it is, 3:30 in the morning, I'm wide awake, and it's travel day.

I have a 10:00am flight out of PuDong which is over an hour's drive, even longer if I go during rush hour. Needless to say, I'll be leaving early.

It's time travel day too... The flight segment leaves Tokyo-NRT at 3:00pm and gets into Detroit at 1:30pm. Neat trick, eh? The bad thing? The 5 hour layover at DTW. The Jax flight is at 7:30pm... Guess who will be sleeping in the bar nearest to the Jax gate?
I can just see that conversation...

Waitress 1: "You go wake him up."
Waitress 2: "Screw you. He's at one of your tables. You wake him."
W1: "No way. I had to mop the floor where he was drooling as he slept. You go get him up."
W2: "Ain't happening. He looks like the kinda guy who flails about and hits people when woken unnecessarily."
W1: "Think we can shoot him from behind the bar with the soda gun?"

Good times... Good times.

Amazing, out.

No comments: