Sunday, December 04, 2005

Hurricane season 2005

One last thing...
(I promise, no more posts today...)

Many people have asked me how things went this year down in the Tortugas with all the hurricanes. It seems like every time I turned around DRTO was about to get whalloped...

I went out to Intellicast to have a look at the season summary to see what the combined tracks looked like...

Holy Crap!


Look closly...


DRTO was Ground Zero for 5 storms this year....

I just got the OK to head south after TR2* and the holiday, so on Dec 26th I'll be heading for Key West and I'll be on the M/V Ft. Jefferson on the morning of the 27th.
Word around the campfire is that the landbridge between Garden Key and Bush Key is completely gone, there is a new cut through Bush Key and the seaplane beach was eroded back to the original concrete ramp from back in the 40s, I believe...


The Landbridge.

Watch this space for updates and photos.

TBG Out-

*- TR2: NBC's Technical Rehearsal 2 for the 2006 Winter Olympics, in Torino Italy. I'm in Torino & Bardonecchia from 12/10 to 12/21.

No comments: