Sunday, July 09, 2017

Burning the Two-Ended Candle

Long set of days here at the Arena-By-The-Bay

We had Rod Stewart and Cyndi Lauper in the building last night, and today we are loading Paul McCartney's show. He's on stage tomorrow night.

Right after that we will have Roger Waters of Pink Floyd fame playing on Tuesday night...

(Word is that the show, especially the 2nd half, is offensively anti-Trump. Which ought to be interesting in a town where they booed Amy Schumer off the stage for her political screed when she played here last fall. Thinks will be interesting on Tuesday night. Film at 11, kids.)


I have a full plate of tech upgrades, installs, and other "off season" technology tasks for Wed, Thurs & Friday, then Saturday we have (Ghod help us) New Kids on the Block, Paula Abdul and Boys II Men.

Sunday will be the stressful day, though- I have to make a little trip to Miami that morning.
Back that night, but the activities will be blog-worthy I'm sure. Stay tuner for that.

Current events:

Riding my motorcycle in Tampa is an adventure...
I have to say, there are more idiots driving and texting here than anywhere else I have seen.
I cannot count the number of lights I have missed because some asshole is testing at a red light and fails to notice that the light has changed and is still nose-to-the-screen, thumbs deep in his latest tweet about the latest SJW activity or where he buys his sustainable-sourced hair product or what color his last bowel movement was...
My often-heard-around-downtown admonishment "Stop texting and drive, Motherfucker!" can be heard echoing through the concrete canyons of Cigar City...
He finally starts to move as the light turns yellow...

I had one of the girls from our Partnership group stop me in the hallway-
Girl from Partnership: "Uh... You have quite colorful language when you're driving, don't you?" 
Yours Truly: "You probably heard me making a friendly reminder to some asshat who doesn't understand that when you're behind the wheel of a 2000lb vehicle, you have only one job: Driving.
Not texting, not talking on the phone, not eating, not reading a book, and definitely not putting on makeup."
GFP: "Yeah, I saw you coming down Channelside the other morning and could hear you yelling at the car in front of you. Something about shoving his cell phone so far up his ass he'd have to use his appendix to type out his next Facebook update?" 
YT: "Hmmm. I remember that... Wow, you heard all that? I was a bit ticked..." 
GFP: "To say the least. 


Great. Getting a reputation already. Lovely.



TBG - -Exit, pursued by a Tampon 

5 comments:

Angus McThag said...

If you learn to say it in French, people will think you're romantic!

"Je t'arracherai la tête et craquerai la moelle du cou si tu ne déposes pas le téléphone et ne conduis pas!"

Old NFO said...

It will be interesting to see what happens with the show... And 'I' wouldn't want to piss you off, especially since it's a LOT easier to unass a bike than it is a car! Reputations CAN be good though! :-D

Luc said...

Much more colorful in Québecois: LÂCHE TON OSTIE DE CELL MON TABARNAK SINON J'TE LE CRISSE DANS L'CUL TELLEMENT CREUX QUE C'T'AVEC TON APPENDICE QUE TU VAS FAIRE TON PROCHAIN TEXTO MON OSTIE DE MORON.

Good luck translating that with Google ;-) It doesn't even come close.

The Big Guy said...

@Luc - Do I have to shout it like that?

Luc said...

@Big Guy .. Yes, it's not an option. But again, you shouting anything would make me pee myself no matter what you're saying.