Saturday, November 19, 2016

For What it's Worth - Refugees, Emigration & Immigration

Just my humble opinion on packing up and getting out...

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Nope.
Not doing it...

I just wrote a rambling screed about people fleeing so-called tyrrany; Moronic celebs talking big and then not following through, then countering with my oh-so-brief thoughts in 2008 of living on a sailboat off the coast of South America to escape Obama's Folly...
And any discussion of refugees needs to touch on the Great Middle East Diaspora and the backdoor invasion or Europe.

The whole thing went from a 2-paragraph opinion piece to a 4 page lecture on refugees, Emigration, sleeper agents, patriotism and history if Sandbox Countries.

When my thumbs started cramming from writing I saved the draft and did a wikiwander on Syria, Lebanon and other garden spots in the ME...
I came up for air 30 minutes later....
Jeebus.
Listen to Uncle Jay... if you haven't done any recent serious reading on the history and situations in the ME, and are relying on the Rand McNally maps from your junior high school years,  go do some research. Especially on the historical aspects...
I deleted several pages of foolscap that no one (not even me) would have enjoyed reading.
Instead of wasting time here, go edumacate yo'sef.
Start with Wikipedia, and if you read the US news sites take them with a grain if salt.  Don't shun BBC and some of the Aussie stuff. And some of the smaller blog that try to provide "Understanding the Syrian Civil War for Dummies" actually have some interesting points to make.
'Nuff said.
Someday I'll write a coherent screed about it, and try to keep it under 2000 words.
÷÷÷÷÷

TBG - moving out

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

LL, over at Virtual Reality does a pretty good set of updates on that situation every week or so, and yes, READ the frikkin histories and don't believe s**t that US media says... Sigh...

c-90 said...

Oh I hope like anything that one of the Butt-Hurt SJW twinkies try to immigrate to Canada, and Canada says "Sorry, you don't meet our requirements to immigrate." And they get all "You can't do this to me!" "Oh yes we Can, and good day to you/"