Wednesday, July 16, 2014

They Are Trying To Kill Me.

So...
The Woman and Perfect Child have taken up kayaking...

They went out offshore Jax Beach yesterday morning, and I figured I'd go check on them before heading to the office.


Click to Engorge
That little tiny speck left of the umbrella and above the surfboards, way the @#$% out toward the horizon... That's them.

I didn't call the Coast Guard...
I DID think about it...
But- they both have cell phones.  They'd call if they have issues.

Besides-  I thought how much crap I'd get for weeks and weeks about overreacting, and the number of stupid things I do that they just take in stride and don't start calling the local hospitals or the highway patrol.

-Hint-
When you are 48 hours overdue and have not called to warn the SO of your delay, arriving home exclaiming:
"Don't pay the ransom! I've escaped!" will not have the desired comic effect.
Listen to your Uncle Jay, it's a ticket to 6 nights in the doghouse.

TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's rich! Don't pay the ransom...

jon spencer said...

If you are getting worried when they go out of sight here is a little piece of mind.

ACR PLB-375

It fits in a PFD pocket too, they are wearing their PFD's aren't they?
Two kayaking hints,
1. Your PFD should be designed for kayaking.
2. Use a quality paddle that fit the person paddling.