Saturday, April 21, 2007

Booked by 3 - In character.

Ok...

The March Hare, of Keeper of The Mad Tea Party memed me again...
(I don't mind her memes, I kinda like them. They force me to think... Like this one from last August...)

So... The theme of the meme... Booked by 3...

Name up to three characters . . .

1) . . . you wish were real so you could meet them.
  • Lazarus Long (Heinlein's Methuselah's Children, Time Enough for Love et al)
  • Beowulf Schaffer (Larry Niven's Known Space Series)
  • Travis McGee (John D. MacDonald's South Florida gumshoe)

2) . . . you would like to be.
  • Jason Bourne - (Robert Ludlum's Bourne series)
  • John Carter - (Edgar Rice Burroughs Warlord of Mars series)
  • Dirk Struan - (James Clavell's Tai Pan)

3) . . . who scare you.
  • Annie Wilkes. (Stephen King's Misery)
  • Dimitri Ravenoff (Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash)
    The guy has an h-bomb attached to his motorcycle and makes Kevlar-piercing knives out of glass. Hijacked a nuclear sub singlehanded. One Scary Dude.
  • Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Thomas Harris' Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon, et al)


Limiting choices to three is a difficulty.
Makes me really evaluate choices carefully...and still second guess my selections.

Oh well...

Happy reading.

Oh yeah-
I'm tagging Deidre at Time & Tides and James at Sarchasmic Hallucidations.
I'll try Yael at The World is MY Oyster, althought I know she is in transition now...moving from China to Germany. (Talk about culture shock!)

TBG- Packing my bags again.

BTW-
My current read: South-The Story of Shackleton's Last Expedition 1914-1917 by Sir Ernest Henry Shackleton

4 comments:

ShellyS said...

I'm glad you tracked down my blog so I could read your answers. Hannibal Lector seems a popular choice for scary. I've never read the books he's in, so he doesn't scare me. heh

Anyway, I post Booked by 3 questions once a month (I try to do that in the first week or so), so pop in for another go 'round.

Earthly Mom said...

Promise to follow the meme! as soon as I have some time... right now Rob's mom is giving me some leftover paint for our new place... great to hear from you!!!

Steven R. McEvoy said...

I forgot about LL he would have been a great choice.

Steven
Book Reviews and More
McEvoy's Musings

March Hare said...

I like your choices! (I knew I would...) I thought about being Deja Thoris (spelling?), but I only know of her through Heinlein, so I don't know if I'd like the original character.

BTW, where did you find that Tim Burton version of the Mad Tea Party? Too cool! (Don't know how I missed it the first time...)

What's your schedule like when you hit the Bay Area?