Saturday, October 14, 2006

Köln, It's a wrap...or is it a wurst?

It was the best of wursts, it was the worst of wursts;

...and if I don't see another bratwurst for 6 months or so I wouldn't be disappointed.

Brats were everywhere...


Yes, dinner in Köln is vaguely obscene...


Man, the brats are everywhere...


Jeff "Phoneman" Tyler: "Leave me alone when I'm cuttin' my brat..."


Yes, everyone loves the wurst...

So... What did I have on a wurst-filled evening?

Pickled Herring...(I'm a sucker for marinated fish. Go figure.)
Sorry, no pic. It's even more suggestive than the brats...


And one last picture from the evening:

SchweinRider




Let's see... Elsewhere at Eurogames Live...


Scott Berman and David Munoz (keeper of the Evil Minions) and Kaiser Wilheim hard at work during Game 3.


All good things have to end eventually...

Breakdown was uneventful and after one more (very tame) evening in Köln, I made it back to Jax safe and sound. One german taxi ride, 2 flights and a quick trip down 9A and I was home.




Köln by the numbers:

1.5 - Price, in Euros, for a glass of beer just about everywhere in Köln.

2 - Triple shots of Bacardi 8 that I consumed in the hotel bar, after drinking 15 or 20 beers at some other random beergarden

4 - NBA games played in Köln

7 - Great people to work with: David, Jeff, Michael, James, Andrea, Ariana, and Brett

8 - Bulkhead row on a 757-200, which I shared with two of the most flamboyantly gay guys I have ever seen, let alone sat next to for 8 hours. There was so much lisping going on it sounded like steam escaping.

17 - Minutes, from the time I got off the plane to make it through immigration and get my bags in Köln

19 - Minutes, from the time I got off the plane to make it through immigration and get my bags re-checked for Jacksonville in Newark

44 - Number of beers consumed by James Stawecki, Jeff Tyler & Yours Truly in one sitting

49 - Minutes, from the time I got off the plane to get my bags in Jacksonville

107 - Network connections that David and his guys set up in the Kölnarena

240 - Volts, normal A/C wall current in Germany. Which is 20 more volts than a Dell desktop server can survive before the power supply blows up

1,265 - Credentials, most of which were created on one laptop after the server blew up and David, Michael & Andrea pulled an all-nighter to fix & play catch-up.




Really great lines from Köln:

What's that burning smell?

Früh? What the hell is a früh?

We need more beers... Bring us 12 more beers please.

Two color lasers, two laptops, two cameras, a Dell server and an ethernet switch. Yeah... No. Too many amps for this circuit.

Hi Dick... Dick, are you there?

They have specific player IDs for us to use? Were they planning on sending them to us sometime before the end of the 4th game?

For such a big man, you drink like a little girl...

All right... one more round of beers... Bring us ten more beers please.




So... NBA Eurogames Live is over for 2006...

One final pic from Köln

The Dom by night


Famous, out-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One more tame night huh? Liar! HAHA